Coronavirus (COVID – 19) guidance and information.
As you are aware, at the moment we are currently facing the threat of a Coronavirus (COVID – 19) epidemic. As a responsible business we are thinking of the possible impact this may have on funerals already organised and those yet to be planned in the coming weeks or maybe months.
If you are feeling unwell and feel you may pose a risk by attending a funeral, we would advise you to follow the NHS guidelines.
We would like to provide reassurances that our commitment to caring for the bereaved and their loved ones will remain throughout this period of uncertainty and disruption.
In an effort to protect everyone involved in arranging a funeral, we are taking necessary steps to reduce the risk of possible infection in line with the Public Health England and SAIF guidelines. Also, working with third party Professionals such as the local Crematoria and Cemeteries, to ensure we comply with their procedures.
Below is a list of actions that are necessary for us take as the Coronavirus (COVID – 19) escalates and becomes a further risk.
- Funeral arrangements to be made over the telephone or by Video call with a planned controlled visit of one person to our office for signing of Statutory Forms and Estimates, home arrangements are only available when it is not possible for a family member to attend our office.
- We are asking where possible for all enquiries and payments to be made via our telephone. Any visitors to our office must be by appointment only and maximum of two people.
- Limit the amount of visitors in the Chapel of Rest at one time.
- Crematoriums have reduced the amount of attendees to immediate family. We are happy to help you to arrange a Memorial service at a Church or other venues at a later date if this is required. Allowed members in the chapel as follows; West Road Crematorium: 20 persons. North Tyneside Crematoriums: 10 persons. Blyth Crematorium: 8 persons. Face coverings must be worn at all times in the chapel area.
- Use of Limousines are now available for use on a funeral, however only 6 persons can be seated in each car. Face coverings must be worn throughout the journey.
- Donation Boxes will be in use at the funeral, however we encourage clients to use an online donation platform such as ‘Much Loved’ via our website which will allow non – attendees to donate.
- The Funeral Director and staff on the day may not remain in the Chapel or other venue during the service, but will remain close by ready to assist you when required.
- Our third party Professionals that we work with, ie: Crematoria/Cemeteries will impose rules and restrictions that we will have to adapt our standard working practices to follow these.
This is the best and most up to date information that we have been given, please feel free to contact me directly on 0191 2709677 if you have any further questions or concerns. As always, our service is still available 24 hours a day, 7 days of the week should you require our services.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this unfortunate time,